April flew in this year. With the 2 year Anniversary and the Holiday weekend, we are a little late with this Announcement. But, we have chosen our April 2015 Athlete of the Month. Since joining a year ago, this athlete has become a stable evening athlete. Always happy, welcoming, and ready to cut a dorky/nerdy joke, he keeps classes light and fun. He is also the unofficial welcoming committee as the first person to always approach a new face with a handed extended ready to say hello and introduce himself.
The April 2015 Athlete of the Month is:
1. Where are you from originally?
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
Hillary (my wife) chose CMU for grad school and we loved Pittsburgh so we stuck around.
3. Where do you work?
Central Catholic High School (Math teacher)
4. What is your favorite hobby?
Playing the keyboard or frisbee when I get the chance.
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
We were looking for something consistent that we would enjoy doing and that would give us the maximum “bang for our buck”.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
About a year ago.
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
Mostly to gain back muscle that I had lost from a lack of working out. I have gained 15 pounds since we started a year ago.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Handstand pushups or cleans.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Thrusters or running.
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
Bar Muscle Ups
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
Its a great environment where everyone is challenged regardless of their level.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
I really enjoyed 15.4 because I like HSPUs and Cleans.
This month, we will be starting a new part of Athlete of the Month. The winner will get to choose a workout to be done in the month of winning. Adam chose 15.4 from this year’s Open Season. It will be coming up later this month.