For April, we are awarding Athlete of the Month to someone who has caught the coaches’ eyes lately. She has been a member for quite a while now and has shown a lot of progress through her dedication and trust in the system. Recently this year, she participated in her first competition. She wasn’t going to sign up for the Open, but when her boyfriend did it without her knowledge, she stepped up and attempted to complete every WOD as prescribed. She will be representing Industrial Athletics again on May 21 at another local competition. She is always positive, always encouraging, and does her best to participate in social events. The April 2016 Athlete of the Month is:
1. Where are you from originally?
Robinson Township, which is just outside of Pittsburgh…I went to Montour High School
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? N/A
3, Where do you work?
I’m the Pharmacy Manager Costco in Cranberry
4. What is your favorite hobby?
Is eating a hobby?
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
I discovered CrossFit through social media and friends, but I was hesitant to try it because of the things I heard.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
Brandon was very persuasive, and he made me try it one time.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
I have a love/hate relationship with wall balls.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Anything that involves shoulder to overhead with the barbell.
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
Kipping and stringing together some toes to bar!
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
I enjoy the people, and it pushes me to work out when on some days I really don’t want to.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
I like AMRAPS or anything with multiple movements because I get bored easily.