The Industrial Athletics Athlete of the Month for April 2017 is an individual who has been with us for a while. He was on and off for a bit. However, recently, he has made fitness a priority in his lift, and we want to recognize him for that. In December, he attended our CFE on squatting, and it was an eye opener. He has spent two months working on improving his movement that really paid off during the 2017 Intramural Open Challenge. When he is in class, he is positive and encouraging. Finally, he achieved a goal of his recently when he completed his first ring muscle up. The April 2017 Athlete of the Month is:
1. Where are you from originally?
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
My girlfriend Anne is originally from Pittsburgh and after college I moved up here to be with her.
3. Where do you work?
I currently work at AGH in the Neurosurgical ICU as an RN.
4. What is your favorite hobby?
My favorite hobby is CrossFit.
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
A fraternity brother of mine introduced me to CrossFit in college.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
June 1, 2015
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
I had just graduated college and realized I needed a lifestyle change.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Any olympic lifting
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Wall balls and thrusters. If i never had to do them again i would be ok.
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
My cardio endurance
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
The welcoming environment and the coaching goes above and beyond anything I have experienced.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?