The Athlete of the Month for 2022 is a woman who has been around CrossFit for over a decade. She is a perfect example of how CrossFit can improve your health over a long period of time. She approaches each workout, not with an ego trying to prove something to someone, but with a desire to just be a little better than she was yesterday. She’s always positive, always smiling, and always seems so excited just to see you. The Athlete of the Month for April 2022 is:
- Where are you from originally? Buffalo NY
- If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? Moved here in 1993 from Philly for promotion at Mellon Bank
- Where do you work? Director of Operations for re360
- What is your favorite hobby? Gardening
- How did you discover CrossFit? Was at a networking event & met the wife of a CF box owner; learned it was right around corner from me so checked it out!
- When did you start CrossFit? 12 years ago
- Why did you start CrossFit? It was a 50Th bday Fitness prezzie to myself
- What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? DEF the Erg!
- What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Thrusters
- What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? I want pull-ups before I die
- What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? The people
- What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? Hmm, probably Murph (b/c it only shows up once a year, lol 😂)