The Industrial Athletics Athlete of the Month for August 2018 is a member who has been with us for almost 2 years. She attends primarily the 6:15am class. Recently, she has also been seen at the 5:30pm and 6:30pm classes. In 2018, she decided to set some bigger goals for herself and has been working toward those goals through our Coach’s Corner Program. She also participates in our internal competitions and takes some of her free time to work on movements where she needs a little extra attention. The Athlete of the Month for August 2018 is:
1. Where are you from originally?
I’m from Brookville, a small town a few hours northeast of Pittsburgh.
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
I went to Pitt then stayed when I was offered a job here.
3. Where do you work?
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
4. What is your favorite hobby?
I like reading, and hanging out with my dog Byron.
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
A friend recommended it to me.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
I was having a hard time motivating myself to get to the gym everyday so I wanted to try something new.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
I like lifting. Specifically cleans and deadlifts.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Snatches. And I’m not a big fan of running.
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
I’d really like to be able to do pull-ups.
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
The people and the atmosphere. I’ve made a lot of new friends and look forward to seeing them in class.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
I like medium to longer AMRAPs with a couple different movements mixed in.