The Coaches sit down each month to elect the next Athlete of the Month. One of the primary factors we consider is member attendance, presence, and attitude. Does the member come consistently? Does the member have a positive attitude? Also, is the member eager to learn and challenge themself to get bigger/faster/stronger?
The Athlete of the Month for August 2022 was a resounding “YES” for all three. He’s become a regular face at classes throughout the day. He shows up with a smile on his face. And, he sets his sights on a goal until it is achieved. The Athlete of the Month for August 2022 is:
1. Where are you from originally? I grew up in the South Hills and have been in Pittsburgh my whole life.
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? N/a
3. Where do you work? I work for an email and collaboration security company called Mimecast as a product marketing manager.
4. What is your favorite hobby? Playing soccer.
5. How did you discover CrossFit? I have close friends who have done CrossFit for probably 15+ years now. So I’ve been familiar with it for a long time.
6. When did you start CrossFit? I started in August of 2021.
7. Why did you start CrossFit? I was looking for more intensity and structure than I was getting in my workouts at home.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Power cleans or Turkish get ups.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? I think it’s got to be the bike. I loathe it.
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Snatches.
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? The quality of the coaching and instruction, and generally the approachability of the coaches. I also really like how close it is to my house.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? So far I’d say it was Grace. When I first did it I was intrigued by its simplicity but I ended up really enjoying the pace and quality of the workout.