It is with great joy that we announce our Athlete of the Month for February 2016. He has been a member at Industrial Athletics since the beginning. There is no question that the energy level can be a little low at 5:15am some mornings, but when he is there, he is always pumped up and ready to go. This individual is quick to encourage others, quick to start a little friendly competition with his buddies Jack and Joe, and always willing to help those new to the gym and new to Pittsburgh. He can be seen at morning and evening classes and always makes an effort to show up at social events. We are proud to call him one of our own. The Athlete of the Month for February 2016 is:
1. Where are you from originally?
Pittsburgh’s – Brighton Heights.
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
3. Where do you work?
TSA – Security Training Instructor
4. What is your favorite hobby?
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
My wife took me to boot camp on the Northside – Before Confluence CrossFit.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
To keep up with all you young guys! I love the competition!
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Strength conditioning/Olympic lifting.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
Feeling like I am part of a large extended family, whether it’s working out with my 05:15 brothers and sisters or dropping in at 6:30 and working out with the PM crowd.
There’s a definite a sense of community spirit. I feel the love!!!
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
It’s gotta be one of the “Ladies”
It’s a tie between “Cindy or Grace” Cindy because I can always do the “Platinum” head to head with Jack and Joe D.( Mano a Mano)
Grace because it’s a short, extreme physical workout and it is associated with a great cause. Breast cancer awareness.