Our Athlete of the Month for February 2018 has been with us since May 2017. When she joined, she was recovering from recent knee surgery. The recovery and rehab was going well, but she was hesitant to push the intensity due to some weakness in the knee. However, she was patient and today has very little restriction thanks to the strength she gained from CrossFit. She’s even ready to test her knee through our Open Team Competition that begins at the end of the month. A regular at the 6:15am class, she is always smiling, always tries her hardest, and never complains. Keep your eyes out for her, she may be delivering your UPS packages some day. Our Athlete of the Month for February 2018 is:
1. Where are you from originally? Pittsburgh
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
3. Where do you work? I work for UPS as a delivery driver.
4. What is your favorite hobby? Collecting sneakers!
5. How did you discover CrossFit? The internet
6. When did you start CrossFit? May 2017
7. Why did you start CrossFit? I wanted to do something out of my comfort zone.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Cleans
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? SDHP hands down!
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Double unders 🏽
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? The camaraderie!
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? The Bear complex RAWR!