It is time to recognize another Industrial Athletics CrossFit Athlete of the month. The Athlete of the Month for June 2015 is a woman who knows how to get up early and get in her workout. Even on Monday mornings, she is here smiling and ready to workout hard. She has competed in small competitions, and done really well. She shows a desire to constantly improve her abilities and shows a lot of faith in the system. When she finishes a WOD, she is instantly cheering on other athletes. Plus, anyone who loves burpess instantly gets a few extra points. The Athlete of the Month of June 2015 is:
1. Where are you from originally?
The middle of nowhere PA. I went to high school in Youngsville, PA “the biggest little town on the map”
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
I lived in DC for a few years and decided I wanted to be closer to home but still in a city so Pittsburgh was about the only option. Luckily I also really love it here.
3. Where do you work?
The American Red Cross
4. What is your favorite hobby?
Baking. I have a crazy sweet tooth.
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
A friend would come into work looking strong but beat up with bruises on her chest and legs. I thought she was badass! And the workouts sounded nuts.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
One year ago in May
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
I wanted to be strong. I also had a life goal of doing one unassisted pull-up and thought Crossfit could help me achieve that goal. That goal has now been achieved and many other have taken its place.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Rowing – I’m always amazed at how quickly it tires me out
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
I dread snatches
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
Consistent double unders
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
Watching everyone progress. The community of members and the coaches are so positive and encouraging its hard not to push yourself. One year ago, I never imagined I would be able to do many of the things I can now and that wouldn’t have been possible without the encouragement of other members and the constant constructive feedback from the coaches.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
Something involving burpees. I remember this one from a while ago.
3 Rounds for Time:
20 Thrusters (75/55)
14 Bar Facing Burpees