The Athlete of the Month for June 2021 joined us after attending a Community Day a few years ago. Since then, she’s become a huge part of the IA Community. She and her husband are regularly in attendance at our social functions and she’s joined our Intramural Open Competition. Since joining our Coach’s Corner program, she’s lost over 7 inches around her waistline, increased her running ability, and started doing pullups. Currently, she’s working on reducing her mile time. Because of her positive attitude, and drive to always move forward, we are excited to announce the Athlete of the Month for June 2021:
1. Where are you from originally?
Born and raised in Penn Hills, currently living in Crescent Township
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
3. Where do you work?
Pittsburgh Technical College in Academic Advising of Nursing and Healthcare students
4. What is your favorite hobby?
CrossFit has become my favorite hobby! Aside from that, spending time with my family, friends and favorite canine, Oliver, are at the top of my list!
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
My husband introduced me to CrossFit in early 2019, I initially hated it. I knew I needed physical activity and so, I joined Jazzercise (yes, you read that right) for about 10 months before joining IA.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
My Jazzercise and fad diet routine wasn’t working. After vacation in August 2019, I was looking back at pictures and quickly realized I wasn’t in many of them. The pictures I was in, I found myself disgusted with how I looked and at that point, it was time. I knew I needed to make a change and after seeing my husband’s progress, I emailed Matt. The rest is history!
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Anything over head
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
The small classes, one on one attention from the coaches and the community have helped me reach goals I never thought were attainable.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
Anything with deadlifts!!