The Athlete of the Month for May 2022 is an example of what it means to overcome adversity. Over the years he’s been at IA, he’s had reasons to leave, reasons to put other things before working out. However, through two kids, his work, moving, remodeling a house, health issues, and more, he’s continued to put his health first. Through slow and steady work, he’s gotten stronger, can move faster, and is seeing progress upward in our standardized scaling. The Athlete of the Month for May 2022 is:
- Where are you from originally? Vermont
- If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? I moved here to work with LIVING Ministry. Formally a ministry reaching out to people who are without homes in the City.
- Where do you work? I currently work for the CCO, a college student ministry. I train and equip staff to fundraise.
- What is your favorite hobby? I am really bad with favorites, but recently I have gotten into Disc Golf. I have extra discs if anyone wants to get a round in someday.
- How did you discover CrossFit? After Piper was born my workout routines ended. One day my friends told me I would like it, so I gave it a try. I found out I loved it and it has helped me stay disciplined in working out consistently.
- When did you start CrossFit? The end of 2017.
- Why did you start CrossFit? I wanted to be more consistent with working out.
- What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Power Cleans
- What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Thrusters
- What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? I would love to be able to do all of the skill movements we see at RX (Muscleups, Toes to bar, DU, HSPU)
- What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? Love working out with all the people.
- What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? Calibear is what first came to mind.