This month, we selected a member of Industrial Athletics who has been making huge strength gains recently. Just a few weeks ago, she achieved her first bar muscle up. On May 4, 2015, she almost got her first ring muscle up. We are constantly impressed with her drive to get better. She has become known to both morning classes and evening classes and loves to wear her wrist wraps with skulls on them. The Athlete of the Month for May of 2015 is:
1. Where are you from originally?
-Doylestown, PA (about an hour outside outside of Philadelphia)
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
– I went to Penn State and majored in education. They shipped me out to Pittsburgh to student teach for a semester. I liked it here so much, I decided to stay.
3. Where do you work?
– I work at a company called Think Through Math as a math teacher.
4. What is your favorite hobby?
– I really like doing crafts. Mostly coloring things with sharpie markers.
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
– I had never even heard of CrossFit until I moved in with fellow Industrial Athletics member, JP Caldwell, he was the one who introduced it to me.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
-I started CrossFit in August of 2013.
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
– I was in a new city and trying to find friends/fun stuff to do in my free time. The idea of CrossFit made me kind of nervous, but JP kept talking about this awesome gym that he goes to (Industrial Athletics) so I decided to give it a shot, then I was hooked 🙂
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
-I would really like to improve on my endurance when it comes to lifting heavier weight in the WODs. I get fatigued pretty quickly when the weight is heavy.
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
– The sense of community. It’s awesome to know everyone in class and be able to crack jokes and encourage each other. It makes it easier to get myself to the gym when I can count on having a few laughs while I’m there.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
– I guess if we’re talking famous ones it would be Cindy. But this one from way back also seems pretty fun:
AMRAP 18 minutes
1 road sprint
30 double unders