It is with great pleasure we announce the Industrial Athletics Athlete of the Month for November 2018. She is truly an OG. She was with us from before IA existed, was one of the first members when we opened, and she still attends today. She attends our social events, has participated in our internal competitions, has hosted parties at her house for IA (did we mention she is a professional chef, yum), and lends a hand when we help our Community through charitable work. The Athlete of the Month for 2018 is:
1. Where are you from originally? With the exception of 11 years in Atlanta for a job, I’ve lived in Pittsburgh my entire life.
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
3. Where do you work? I own my own business – LadyFingers Catering
4. What is your favorite hobby? A tie between hiking and gardening
5. How did you discover CrossFit? I had a personal trainer in a globo gym downtown. He found it online back in the early days and we started doing it in the gym. We were constantly reprimanded by gym management (too extreme, too noisy, etc.)!
6. When did you start CrossFit? September 2006
7. Why did you start CrossFit? My husband Jim and I were hiking in the Colorado Rockies and I could barely keep up with his Marine Corps pace. I knew I had to do something.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? It’s changed over the years. Right now I’d say quick rows for calories. And I’ve just recently begun sprinting again and I’m having fun with that.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? No contest – Assault Bike
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Not beating myself up about the amount of scaling I do. I’m competitive by nature and I want to run with the big dogs. But I have to take care of my body and proper scaling is key.
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? So many people my age feel old and tired. When I walk into IA, I feel badass. And better yet, when I walk out, I feel even more badass.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? My favorite Hero WOD is Murph and my favorite girl WOD is Annie.