When our Athlete of the Month for October 2022 sat down for her No Sweat Intro, she set a goal of wanting to lift more weight. She knew diet was an important part of that goal. She also knew that maintaining some kind of one-on-one work with a coach was necessary. For the last year, she has absorbed everything IA has to offer. After completing her Fundamentals Program, she stayed in our hybrid program (Coach’s Corner, 1 private per week, 2 group classes per week). She has worked with Coach Leslie to improve her diet. The two of them focus on programming for her goals in their private session each week and she gains overall fitness through the group class. Needless to say, she has achieved her goal and exceeded it. Next on the list . . . pull-ups! Our Athlete of the Month for October 2022 is:
- Where are you from originally? Pittsburgh, PA
- If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
- Where do you work? Urban Impact Foundation
- What is your favorite hobby? I love to paint and write! I also love anything outside, reading, and finding the best coffee shops.
- How did you discover CrossFit? Through one of my good friends
- When did you start CrossFit? A year and a half ago
- Why did you start CrossFit? Before I stepped foot into Industrial Athletics, I knew I was strong and capable, but I lacked essential skills, like accountability, endurance, and strengthening. I started CrossFit because I wanted to see improvement and goals I never thought I could. With CrossFit, I’ve seen both!
- What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? DEADLIFTS
- What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Wall balls
- What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? PULL-UPS!!
- What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? The community and doing workouts with the other members— it’s fun to work out together 🙂
- What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? Becky