Our Athlete of the Month for September 2022 is someone who give his 100% every time her shows up. Intensity is the name of the game in fitness. If you want “change” from your workout program, you have to add intensity. It is not important what that change is, it is important that you try hard to reach it. That means pushing yourself to an uncomfortable area. However, that never means a dangerous area.
As a coach, pushing a member to a new level of intensity is hard. It is a very subjective quality of working out. However, when our Athlete of the Month shows up to class, he pushes hard and sees the results. He is humble and takes direction. He acts with integrity. And, he sees a challenge and works to overcome that adversity. The Athlete of the Month for September 2022 is:
- Where are you from originally? I am from Westmoreland County, PA. Specifically Harrison City, PA.
- If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? N/A
- Where do you work? I am a Municipal Bond Analyst at Federated Investors. My primary responsibility is to look at the financial information of municipal bonds we might be interested in investing in and determine how likely they are to pay us back. Some examples would be a school raising money for some new buildings or a township needing cash to improve their infrastructure or expanding a hospital, things like that which have a purpose that benefit the community.
- What is your favorite hobby? CrossFit! Also biking, watching/betting on sports, reading etc.
- How did you discover CrossFit? I remember watching the CrossFit games on TV and a Netflix documentary on Matt Fraser. Also when I lived in Harrison City there was a CrossFit called Wayfarer CrossFit I drove by everyday and became a member of during Covid in 2020.
- When did you start CrossFit? Summer of 2020. My job went remote and I no longer had to commute so I had time to attend classes.
- Why did you start CrossFit? To get fitter! I had been working out on my own at other gyms and was hoping to see more progress by joining Crossfit. I also really enjoy not having to plan out my own workouts and doing something different every day.
- What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Probably deadlifts. They really make you feel strong and it’s easy to know if you’re getting better at them by how much weight you do.
- What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Thrusters are a killer! A big set of those is one of the harder things we regularly do, at least for me. Maybe wallballs as well, those aren’t the best movement for my body type lol.
- What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? The olympic lifts. We spend a lot of time on them and I like improving my technique and feeling smoother and more efficient while doing them.
- What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? The community! I like the environment and everyone working towards similar goals and pushing each other.
- What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? Murph