Our Athlete Of The Month for March is all about family. She joined the gym and then brought her husband along. Now they both enjoy fitness and fun together. During the week, you can typically find her in the morning classes before heading to work to take on her busy day. The whole family, including the kids, can be found at Sunday morning open gyms. This is where the term, “a family that does fitness together, stays together”, comes into play! The Athlete of the Month for March is:
1. Where are you from originally?
– Pittsburgh – Aliquippa/Center Township area
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
3. Where do you work?
– Strada… It’s a multi-disciplinary design firm. I’m an architect.
4. What is your favorite hobby?
– Pre-kids I did a lot of glassblowing at the Pittsburgh Glass Center. Some day I will again…. haha….
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
– I lived in Seattle for a short time and my coworker/roommate dragged me to a class once and I was instantly hooked.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
– 2014 I think? I took a break to have two kids + pandemic and restarted in 2021.
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
– I started just to get in shape, but I quickly realized that it is filling a lot of other needs – stress relief, mental health, sense of community, etc. I did gymnastics growing up and I’m pretty competitive, so crossfit is definitely a natural fit for me.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
– Handstands! I also love snatches.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
– Running and the bike.
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
– Cardio… refer to above 🙂 I really would like to get pull-ups without the band. Someday a muscle-up?
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
– I love that you can just walk in, get your butt kicked, and walk out feeling great (and sore). You just need to worry about showing up. Also, the people and community make it worth the effort.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
– Hmmm… Murph minus the running – haha. Murph is just a great day