Our Athlete of the Month is typically a woman of few words. That is the complete opposite for her performance, which is pretty loud! She has been crushing PRs and continues to get stronger each month. Some of her favorite movements consist of heavy lower body exercises. You can find her in the 5:15am class at least three times a week. If you’re not a morning person you might have missed seeing her so check the leaderboard in Wodify. You are guaranteed to see here there! Our Athlete of the Month for May is:
1. Where are you from originally? Elizabeth, PA
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? N/A
3. Where do you work? I’m the Life Skills and Autistic Support teacher at Carlynton Jr/Sr High School.
4. What is your favorite hobby? I love to read and do miscellaneous crafts.
5. How did you discover CrossFit? I follow someone on Instagram that always posted videos of CrossFit and thought it looked fun, so I started Googling gyms in the area.
6. When did you start CrossFit? About 1 year ago
7. Why did you start CrossFit? I’ve always been inconsistent in the gym and never saw progress because I would get bored in the gym. I love that CrossFit is never boring and the programming is done for me- all I have to do is show up.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Deadlifts, squats, and burpees
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Push ups
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Toes to bar
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? Everyone here is so positive and uplifting all of the time!
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? Daniel