The December 2015 Athlete of the Month goes to a person to recognize her dedication to Industrial Athletics and our Community. A constant attendee of the 4:30pm class, she can be seen fighting hard through each WOD without hesitation while encouraging those around her. She has shown a lot of progress over the last 3 months as she worked to achieve her goals. She comes to all of the Community Events and always puts forth a positive and welcoming attitude. The December 2015 Athlete of the Month is:
- Where are you from originally?
Born and raised in the south hills of Pittsburgh
- If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? N/A
- Where do you work?
I’m a chemotherapy nurse at Hillman Cancer Center
- What is your favorite hobby?
- How did you discover CrossFit?
My sister, coach Jen, told me about Crossfit and would brag about the workouts she accomplished.
- When did you start CrossFit?
I started Crossfit in December of 2013.
- Why did you start CrossFit?
I had some major life changes happen in 2013 and was feeling very depressed. My sister recognized that I was struggling emotionally and convinced me to come to a ‘Bring a Friend’ day at the box. I was hooked!
- What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
- What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
- What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
- What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
It’s sense of community and friendship. It’s a great place to relieve my stress after a long work day.
- What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
Barbara in honor of my mom. Although for my choice workout this month, I would like to pick a tabata style WOD.