The Athlete of the month of July 2015 has been chosen. This individual has been showing a lot of progress over the last 6 weeks and we want to recognize him. He attends morning and evening classes, always has a smile on his face, and is never shy to cut a quick joke and get a laugh. The July 2015 Athlete of the Month is:
1. Where are you from originally?
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
My husband (John Mission) is working on a three-year fellowship at Magee-Womens Hospital.
3. Where do you work?
I’m the math coach at Propel Northside, a K-8 school in the Mexican War Streets
4. What is your favorite hobby?
Reading, either for work or for fun.
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
When we were living in Portland, I joined a boot camp gym that was structured similarly to CrossFit, though it was less intense. A friend who worked out at a box in town recommended that I look into CrossFit.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
If left to my own devices, I’ll just run for exercise. It’s not a total body workout, and I need someone to tell me what to do. (I’m really good at following directions!)
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Now that I know how to kip, I love to do pull-ups and toes-to-bar.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Anything that involves squatting: back squats, front squats, thrusters….
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
I want to get better at double-unders. I can do one at a time, but I can’t string them together…yet!
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
I like the sense of community. It doesn’t matter whether I come at 5:15am or 6:30pm, I see people I know and enjoy working out with.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
I like the Industry! Maybe I’ll be able to do it as prescribed once I get double-unders down….