The November 2015 Athlete of the Month is an individual who has shown that hard work and dedication does payoff eventually. He started slow into CrossFit, coming for a while, and then taking a break, and coming back. However, over the last 6 months, he has been a stable attendee in the evening classes. Moving from a 3-day a week member to an unlimited member in August, competing in his first competition over the summer, and fighting hard to achieve his 3 month goals, his effort is paying off. He achieved his first bar Muscle Up in September, and hasn’t looked back since. The November 2015 Athlete of the Month is:
1. Where are you from originally from?
Born in Pittsburgh, moved to Japan when I was 6 and moved back to Pittsburgh after 3 1/2 years.
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? N/A
3. Where do you work?
Logistics for IKEA
4. What is your favorite hobby?
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
Coach Mel introduced/forced me into it
6. When did you start CrossFit?
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
I wanted to do more than the basic lifting weights at a gym and wanted to be healthy as I get older
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Handstand Push Ups
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
IA is such a welcoming atmosphere, every week you work out and talk with someone new. And Kill Cliffs.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
As much as it sucked, completing Murph this past year really made me love why I do CrossFit