We have been announcing it in classes all month, so don’t forget that we will start capping our CrossFit classes in June. The first applicable date for the cap will be Monday, June 2, 2014. Class capping will help us provide you with the best possible supervision, feedback, and coaching during our classes. Once capped at 12, we will have less equipment restrictions and will be able to expand our equipment options. While the capping may seem like an annoyance, we believe that it will benefit all of our members in the long run. Other CrossFit gyms that have instituted class capping have found it to be very useful in improving their CrossFit product.
All CrossFit classes will be capped at 12 people. Each class will also have a 3 person waiting list. You will receive an email if you are on a waiting list and moved into the class. Here again are some basic procedures and guidelines:
1. Every members must sign up for classes in advance. If you show up to a full class without signing up, and the class is full, you will not be able to participate in class.
2. If you reserve a spot in class, but cannot attend, you must cancel your reservation immediately. Others may be waiting to get into the class.
3. If you consistently sign up, and do not attend class, you will be assessed a penalty. If you have a 3-day a week membership, and you fail to cancel your reservation, it will be counted toward your 3-day a week pass. The same will go for punchcards.
4. Depending on the workout, some classes may permit more than 12 people. Make sure you double check classes before assuming you are capped out.
5. Class capping will not apply to Open Gym or Holiday classes.
This is new to everyone, owners and coaches included. We thank you for your patience as we move fully into this new system. Please notify a coach immediately if you are having any issues.
In order to help prevent people from being unable to attend CrossFit classes due to the capping, we are adding and changing class times starting on June 2, 2014. In the morning, instead of 6am, we will be offering a 5:15am and a 6:15am. In the afternoon, we will be adding a 4:30pm. After a lot of surveying out members, we believe these class times and changes will benefit the most people. If we find that the morning class times are not helpful, we will adjust accordingly in months to come.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at email@example.com
Matthew (CrimLaw) Becker