Cool weather is right around the corner. That means summer is coming to an end and we are entering Fall. September is here, so we need to recognize another Athlete of the Month at Industrial Athletics. Athletes of the Month are recognized for their positive attitudes, motivation in and out of the gym, punctuality and regularity in attendance, and more.
The September 2016 Athlete of the Month comes from the noon class. This class tends to be one of our smaller classes, but that doesn’t mean the attendees are any less dedicated. Her attendance is almost predictable. She shows up smiling, gives it 100%, and is always encouraging toward others. The September 2016 Athlete of the Month is:
1. Where are you from originally? Originally from Kentucky
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? Work
3. Where do you work? Heritage Valley Sewickley ER
4. What is your favorite hobby? Hanging out with my boyfriend and my pug
5. How did you discover CrossFit? From a friend in nursing school
6. When did you start CrossFit? Over 3 years ago but unfortunately quit for a while
7. Why did you start CrossFit? I enjoy pushing myself and wanted to get stronger
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Anything with the barbell
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Running
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Cardio endurance
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? Seeing what I can push myself to do and the support of the community. I have been to other boxes that did not have the inviting community that IA does.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? I enjoy the workouts for reps, cleans, sit-ups, even wall balls.