It is time to announce the June 2016 Athlete of the Month. This individual has been given this award to recognize his consistent attendance, positive attitude, participation in social events, and constant drive to push through workouts. These are the qualities we look for in our members, so we like to highlight those who demonstrate them. He shows up almost every day at 6:15am with a smile on his face. He even represented Industrial Athletics at his first local competition last month. The June 2016 Athlete of the Month is:
1. Where are you from originally?
Small town in Rochester, NY called Ontario
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
I moved here with my girlfriend about two years ago as I took a new position at work
3. Where do you work?
4. What is your favorite hobby?
Working on my Motorcycles
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
I had heard about CrossFit over conversation with some friends.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
I was looking for a change, something a little more than just going to the gym.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Rowing and Deadlifts
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Burpees and Thrusters
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
The community of people at the gym. It is really nice to have such a large amount of people that all help motivate each other to keep pushing, go faster and do one more rep.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
Anything that includes rowing with some barbell movements.
15.5 with snatches instead of thrusters