It is time to announce the March 2016 Athlete of the Month. This month, the coaches agreed to pick someone who is an outstanding members of our Community and someone who protects and serves the Community of Pittsburgh. She has consistent attendance at 9am and is often seen Sunday mornings working on new things. One attribute that we have seen, when she puts her mind to it, she achieves it. Always positive, welcoming, and motivated, the March 2016 Athlete of the Month is:
1. Where are you from originally?
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
-I went to college at Pitt and haven’t left!
3. Where do you work?
-City of Pittsburgh Police
4. What is your favorite hobby?
-I love to travel when I can. Also, Netflix, lots of Netflix.
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
6. When did you start CrossFit?
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
-I was running a lot and was starting to feel burned out. My times weren’t getting any better and I was starting to give up. Melissa always talked about CrossFit and finally talked me into going to a free class. I was hooked!
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
-Dead lifts and back squats
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
-I love the community aspect of it. Everyone is so friendly and encouraging. Some days I don’t want to work out, but as soon as I get to class my mood lifts and it helps me get ready for the day.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
-Anything involving dead lifts and back squats!