The October 2016 Athlete of the Month is a “newer” members at Industrial Athletics. She has been with us since August of 2016, but has made a big impression on the coaches. She is up an at it every morning at 5:15am, always has a smile on her face, and is always determined to improve her fitness. Even after class, she can be found hanging from a pullup bar achieving her self-set monthly goals. The October 2016 Athlete of the Month is:
1. Where are you from originally? Marlboro, New Jersey.
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? My boyfriend, Bryon ,convinced me to move back here after college for him
3. Where do you work? I work for PwC (public accounting firm)
4. What is your favorite hobby? Easy! CrossFit or anything working out related
5. How did you discover CrossFit? I actually discovered it during college at an activity fair when I was a freshman but never attempted it.
6. When did you start CrossFit? May 2014
7. Why did you start CrossFit? After being a three sport athlete my whole life I was looking for something to fill the void of a team/competitive environment after college
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? I love anything that involves the entire body, I have a love/hate relationship with thrusters and wall balls
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? My least favorite is DUs but only because I cannot string more than 10 together.. yet…
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Well everything, but specifically DUs, thats definitely my weak spot
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? I love meeting new people and just enduring the pain with people around me that love it just as much as I do. I also love beating Bryon in workouts and doing things he cannot do yet.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? Hmmm. I don’t have a specific WOD in mind, but anything with thrusters and TTB I enjoy