The Athlete of the Month for July 2017 is an individual who joined our gym after he moved to Pittsburgh. He had an infectious spirit from day 1. He is upbeat, positive, never complains, and is always up for a challenge. He stepped up to his first Olympic Lifting Competition this Spring and plans to compete in his first CrossFit Competition on July 15th. He is a fantastic ambassador of Industrial Athletics and always shares his experience with new people who walk in. The Athlete of the Month for July 2017 is:
1. Where are you from originally? I’m from Saxonburg, PA 25 minutes south of Butler. Lived the last 15 years in the San Francisco Bay Area and moved back to Pittsburgh December 2016
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
3. Where do you work? I work for a national food brokerage firm called Key Impact Sales and Systems. I wear the hat as Corporate Chef and Distribution Business Manager
4. What is your favorite hobby? I play bluegrass music – Banjo, Guitar, Upright Bass and Vocals
5. How did you discover CrossFit? Walking my dog on the Los Gatos Creek trail in California I would always see signs for it and decided to check it out one day
6. When did you start CrossFit? June 2015
7. Why did you start CrossFit? to satisfy my midlife crisis
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Olympic Lifting
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Ring Dips .. because I suck at them
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Muscle Ups
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? working out with a bunch of amazing people.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? a really long brutal chipper