We can’t believe it is already September. That means we need to celebrate a new Athlete of the Month. This month, the coaches nominated a woman who is primarily a 6:15am’er, but has been known to show up at 9am and noon. She was a member of IA when we first opened, left for a bit, and has returned for the past year. She might be small, but she is mighty. You can see her at the gym struggling through workouts with a look of determination. The Athlete of the Month for September 2018 is:
1. Where are you from originally? all over Western Pa. The longest I lived anywhere was 4 years until I moved to Pittsburgh in 2003 and I have been here ever since.
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? I came to Pittsburgh to study Interior Design & Photography at the Art Institute and also got my degree to be a Veterinary Technician.
3. Where do you work? my husband and I own an auto repair garage in McKees Rocks called Pine Hollow Service
4. What is your favorite hobby? I love mountain biking & hunting for vintage items
5. How did you discover CrossFit? a friend of mine was posting her workouts/gym on facebook so i asked her where she went and signed up
6. When did you start CrossFit? 2012/2014/2017
7. Why did you start CrossFit? to get in shape after having my son and get stronger
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? deadlifts, lunges & pistols
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? squat snatches and running
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? pullups
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? i love everyone i have met and the community. it makes me excited to get there and work out with everyone and i love pushing myself to see what i can accomplish.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? Barbara