It is time to annouce the Athlete of the Month for May 2018. This month, the coaches have nominated someone who comes primarily to our 4:30pm class. He has a great sense of humor, is always smiling and cutting some jokes, and has shown a lot of progress over the last few months with some extra attention to proper form and position. He and his wife have been regular members for almost a year and have demonstrated the importance of fitness in their lives as they work around some busy schedules with 2 kids to make sure they both get to class almost daily.
Here’s a little HINT BEFORE YOU LOOK!!!
The Industial Athletics Athlete of the Month for 2018 is:
1. Where are you from originally?
I am originally from Erie, PA.
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
I came down here for school and stayed here because of my awesome wife.
3. Where do you work?
I do Construction Management for the Pittsburgh Public Schools.
4. What is your favorite hobby?
I love playing Rugby, however I have been on a bit of a hiatus since the kids were born.
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
I have heard about this cult for a while, but didn’t know the whole story until my wife joined.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
Peer pressure and the need to get back in shape. I let myself go pretty bad the last couple years.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
I like the PVC pass-throughs.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
I want to improve my form and weight on the Olympic lifts.
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
I like the camaraderie but most of all I like that once I walk in that door I know am going to walk out with a good workout.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
I had a love/hate with the Bear Complex Ladder WOD we did recently and my favorite hero workout so far is Randy.