It is time to announce the Industrial Athletics Athlete of the Month for April of 2018. This individual regularly attends the noon classes to take a break from his busy day. He was convinced to try CrossFit by a co-worker. When his co-worker decided he didn’t have enough time for CrossFit, our Athlete of the Month stuck it out. He always brings a positive attitude, is never negative, and is never shy about cutting some jokes at his expense to get a rise out of the class.
Unsure of what he was getting himself into, he joined one of our CrossFit Open Teams this year and gave every workout his 100%, even if the movements weren’t in his wheelhouse. The Athlete of the Month for April 2018 is:
1. Where are you from originally? I grew up in Warren, PA
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? After college at WVU, I bounced around a couple cities before landing in Pittsburgh about 11 years ago for work.
3. Where do you work? EQT Corporation
4. What is your favorite hobby? Golf / Playing Piano (…. and CrossFit of course!)
5. How did you discover CrossFit? A co-worker convinced me to try CrossFit. I was skeptical at first, but it turned out to be a great decision.
6. When did you start CrossFit? July 2017
7. Why did you start CrossFit? To get in better physical shape and challenge myself
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? I just like to sweat and feel like I got my a_ _ kicked.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Anything on the pull-up rig.
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Pull-ups and general grip strength
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment after completing a hard workout. However, the one element that stands out to me over all the other places is the individualize attention and coaching you get at IA.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? I like cardio focused WOD’s (running, jump rope, high-reps / low-weight lifts, etc.)