July is here. We are in full swing summer. That means it is time to announce the Athlete of the Month for July of 2018. This member has been with us since December of 2017. He is one of our younger members, fresh out of college. He primarily attends the 5:30pm, when he shows up with a smile on his face. A quieter member, he is confident and doesn’t complain. He is a regular participant in the IA Community events and we hope to see him at a local competition in September. The Athlete of the Month for July 2018 is:
1. Where are you from originally?
St. Albans, WV
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
I was offered a job here after graduating from West Virginia University.
3. Where do you work?
Lake Superior Consulting in Sewickley, PA.
4. What is your favorite hobby?
Snowboarding and CrossFit
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
A college roommate brought me to his box.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
Roughly January 2016.
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
I let myself go for a couple years in college. I lost motivation to work out consistently with freedom of choice and no sports to train for like I was used to my whole life.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
My answer to this question always changes, but I am going to go with heavy squat cleans.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Dead bug holds for sure. My hammies hate me for trying.
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
Shoulder strength and mobility.
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
The members, the coaches, and being humbled by each and every WOD.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?