When the coaches came together to decide on the Athlete of the Month for July 2021, there was one name that kept coming up. The reason she kept coming up, because her effort in everything she does is impressive. She thrives in cardio and crushes burpees. However, she also attacks weights and constantly tries to get better. Recently, when she thought she was hitting a roadblock with her lifting, she started doing private sessions with a coach to get one-on-one attention. She learned about her limitations and worked with that coach to come up with a plan to overcome those limitations. She exhibits humility and a mindset dedicated to overcoming adversity. The Athlete of the Month for July 2021 is:
1. Where are you from originally? Pittsburgh (Greensburg technically)
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
3. Where do you work? Highmark
4. What is your favorite hobby? Riding my bicycle.
5. How did you discover CrossFit? I took a class at a gym that was “CrossFit like”. The instructor was a CrossFit devote. He would tell us about the WODs he did at his CrossFit gym. It sounded so interesting.
6. When did you start CrossFit? October 2018
7. Why did you start CrossFit? The philosophy to train for total body conditioning.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Burpees
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Technical lifts
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Long list, but working on pullups right now.
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? The atmosphere of encouragement to be a better me by the coaches and members.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? Barbara