June is almost here here! The beginning of each month brings so much to Industrial Athletics. It is time to announce our Athlete of the Month for June 2017. This member is a regular at 6:15am class. She started a year ago and has made huge progress since her first Fundamentals Class. She stuck it out and has since developed a beautiful squat and olympic lifts. She participated in our Open Team Competition, is always a smiling face at social events, and is a big participant in our Coach’s Corner program. She also designed our new IA Gear Logo. The Athlete of the Month for June 2017 is:
1. Where are you from originally?
New Sewickley Twp/Freedom – north of Pittsburgh
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
Moved closer to the burgh for work
3. Where do you work?
TMD Holdings as a graphic designer – I do primarily glassware and ceramic design for retailers like Francesca’s and Nordstrom
4. What is your favorite hobby?
I love being in the woods! Riding quads, hiking, etc.
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
I heard about it through friends but was always intimidated by it haha
6. When did you start CrossFit?
A year ago exactly on June 1st 🙂
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
I’d been looking for an exercise program I could stick to and wasn’t having any luck – I decided to give the fundies a try and have been hooked ever since!
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
I actually really like pistols (progressions for now – even though they always leave me super sore), cleaning and rowing – sorry couldn’t narrow it down lol
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Not a big fan of thrusters
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
Everything on the bars – working a pull-up program now to get my first pull-up
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
The people of course! Such a friendly, encouraging environment every morning 🙂
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
I loved Virginias baby shower WOD haha also the 12 days of Christmas was fun!