If you have been in class with our Athlete of the Month for October 2020, you know her. She says hi to everyone when she enters and goodbye to everyone when she leaves. While in the gym, she is constant smiles. If you pay attention during class, you will likely catch her dancing and singing too. Our Athlete of the Month for October 2020 is:
1. Where are you from originally? I was born in Baltimore MD and grew up in Kent, OH. My parents still live in Kent.
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? My grandparents and the opportunity to get a degree in Elementary Ed at Cal U.
3. Where do you work? I am an elementary Spanish teacher in Pittsburgh Public Schools.
4. What is your favorite hobby? I knit – it relaxes and de-stresses me!
5. How did you discover CrossFit? A coworker started with CrossFit and I was intrigued when he told me about the workouts. Many years later, I gave it a try and love it!
6. When did you start CrossFit? Four years ago I think.
7. Why did you start CrossFit? I used to row on a women’s team and injured my knee. After about a year of not working out, I decided I needed to do something and remembered how CrossFit interested me, so I tried it out!
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Definitely sing. Especially at 5:15 am!! I like back squats because I’m finally getting my squat to parallel.
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Burpees and running, but I am getting better at ‘running’.
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Grip strength so I can lift heavier weights and do more hanging knee raises at a time.
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? The community and the smiles at 5:15 am. It’s such a good way to start the day! Also, the support of all of our wonderful coaches!!
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? A WOD with many different movements, one that includes cardio and lifting.