For February 2021, we have chosen an athlete who has demonstrated the definition of consistency. We often say that the secret to reaching your goal, any goal, is to consistently take small steps toward that goal. In fact, we even have a podcast dedicate to it.
Since returning from quarantine in 2020, through the fall, and coming back after another Closer Order in December, this member has shown up three days a week almost every week. Despite being a busy attorney, he has demonstrated that putting effort toward making time for fitness in your life is possible. When we reopened, he came back. When we had to put on masks, he put his on. No excuses, no complaining, he just shows up and does his best. The Athlete of the month for February 2021 is:
- Where are you from originally? Pittsburgh
- If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
- Where do you work? ERIKS North America (we provide products and services that keep industrial operations running)
- What is your favorite hobby? Eating and drinking with friends, then drawing, reading (a year ago, I would have said travel too…).
- How did you discover CrossFit? I think it was just the general popularity and meeting some people that had gotten into it. I tried two other gyms, but it finally stuck when I went to IA.
- When did you start CrossFit? January 2017
- Why did you start CrossFit? It was a New Years resolution. I had been killing myself professionally for almost 10 years without a lot of attention to my personal life or health. Crossfit has been a big part of changing that over the last few years.
- What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Anything without cardio! I’ve really enjoyed any cleans and jerks since the gym reopened. I didn’t realize how much I missed the weights.
- What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Burpees
- What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Pullups
- What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? The way it clears my mind. I can’t think about anything else when I feel like I’m focused on just staying alive during a tough WOD! But I also like the people–the coaches and the other members really create a supportive environment.
- What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? I don’t really have a favorite WOD. I actually stopped checking the WODs before going to the gym a year or two ago to avoid creating excuses for not going. I realized whatever it was, it would be good.